Where to Find a Membrane Bioreactor Wastewater Treatment Calculations Spreadsheet
To obtain a Membrane Bioreactor Wastewater Treatment Calculations spreadsheet, click here to visit our spreadsheet store. This Excel spreadsheet is intended for making membrane bioreactor process design calculations. You can buy a convenient membrane bioreactor wastewater treatment calculations spreadsheet for a very reasonable price. This spreadsheet . It is available in either U.S. units or S.I. units. Read on for information about a membrane bioreactor wastewater treatment calculations spreadsheet.
Background for Membrane Bioreactor Wastewater Treatment Calculations Spreadsheet
A membrane bioreactor wastewater treatment system (MBR) can provide a compact alternative to the conventional activated sludge process. The MBR process uses filtration through a membrane instead of secondary clarification, so it produces a very high quality effluent. Primary clarification is not typically used in a membrane bioreactor wastewater treatment system. Fine screening is needed as a minimum pretreatment, and depending upon wastewater characteristics, coarse screening and grit removal may be needed also. The diagram below shows a general flow diagram for a MBR wastewater treatment system for BOD removal and nitrification.
Currently the membrane module is typically immersed in the aeration tank as shown in the flow diagram. Denitrification can also be carried out by adding a preanoxic tank before the aeration tank.
Example Membrane Bioreactor Wastewater Treatment Calculations Spreadsheet
An example membrane bioreactor wastewater treatment calculations spreadsheet is partially shown in the image below. This Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the required volume and dimensions for the MBR aeration tank, membrane module, and preanoxic tank, based on user input membrane module information and wastewater design flow and characteristics. This Excel spreadsheet, as well as others for wastewater treatment process design calculations, is available in either U.S. or S.I. units for a very reasonable price in our spreadsheet store.
1. Metcalf & Eddy, Inc, (Revised by Tchobanoglous, G, Burton, F.L, Stensel, H.D.), Wastewater Engineering, Treatment and Reuse, 4th Ed., New York, NY, 2003.
2. Zaerpour, Masoud, “Design, Cost & Benefit Analysis of a Membrane Bioreactor,” M.S. Thesis, Department of Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, Politecnico di Milan, Academic Year, 2013-2014.
3. Bengtson, Harlan, “MBR Wastewater Treatment Process Design Spreadsheet,” an online blog article.
4. Bengtson, Harlan H., “Spreadsheets for MBR Wastewater Treatment Process Design Calculations,” an Amazon Kindle ebook.
5. Bengtson, Harlan H., “Biological Wastewater Treatment Process Design Calculations,” available at Amazon as a Kindle ebook or as a paperback.